Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip Zucchini muffins

The link above is for half this recipe, I doubled it and added a couple extra ingredients. Trust me, you'll wish you tripled it!

Yields 2 1/2 dozen muffins

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon all spice or whatever other spice you like
1 teaspoon salt
2 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cup shredded zucchini
1-2 shredded apple
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

In a bowl combine dry ingredients. In another bowl combine wet ingredients, mix on speed 2 of kitchen aid mixer for about 2 minutes then add dry mix. Mix on medium speed until smooth, I'd say 3-4 minutes. Fold in zucchini, apple, chocolate chips, walnuts (or pecans).
Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 350 20-25 minutes or until done.

1 comment:

LeaAnne said...

These look SO good.. I am going to have Rune run to the farm so I can make them.. Man I wish I would have had a garden this year!