Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloweenies


Here's a yummy, easy recipe for some 'Halloweenies' I made the other day.
You'll need:
Nathan's hot dogs or some other Kosher hot dogs (cuz that's the only kind anyone should ever eat
anyway) - about 12 so 1 package and a half.
Pillsbury croissant creations dough
Ketchup or mustard
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out dough and cut half inch vertical strips. Pat excess water off hot dogs and roll the dough strips around the hot dog to look like mummy wrappings. Takes 2 strips. Roll two little balls of dough for eyes.
Bake on a cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes. So yummy! I noticed the dough gets a little soggy if you refrigerate them then nuke 'em in the microwave so reheat in the oven.
Bennett thought they were pretty cute. When I showed them to him before I put them in the oven he looked at me and put his finger to his mouth and said "Shhhh!" like they were sleeping and said "eye". I love him!
Ketchup is fun because it looks like blood. Great Halloween lunch!

2 comments:

LeaAnne said...

I love this!! What a great IDEA!! I will have to make them for our house!

LeaAnne said...

We made them for Halloween for the kids (and the kids I watch)
All 6 of the kids went CRAZY for them! Thanks for the good idea!